Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thank You for Checking Out my Blog

"I checked out your blog."
I've heard this a couple of times in the last few days. This statement usually incites an internal war of feelings in me.


I'M HONORED       VRS.       WHOA, WHAT?
 
First, the thought that I might get someone curious enough to even look at my blog is amazing to me. I know so many awesome people, and the idea that I might be awesome, too, is a little unnerving.
 
Second, I'm really hoping I haven't launched my blog prematurely. I'm still learning the ins and outs of blogging, and I know I am making rookie mistakes. So I really hope that if your first impression of me was a bad one, that it wasn't your final answer. 
 
Third, I'm not one of those who polishes to perfection before I publish, because if I was, you would never see anything I'd written. I know that I will never be able to produce something so perfect that I couldn't improve on it tomorrow. That's why I just publish it, even when it isn't ready. I figure I can go back and edit later if there's something really wrong with it.
 
So if you checked out my blog,

Thank You!

If you liked it, I hope I can keeping writing content you like. If you didn't, I hope you'll give me another chance down the line when I've learned the social graces of online media.

No comments:

Post a Comment